These days, my undergraduate teaching focuses mostly on supervising dissertations. I also teach the following English Literature papers at various colleges, particularly my own, Sidney Sussex College:
- Practical Criticism & Critical Practice
- English Literature 1870-present
I teach on the following Master’s programmes at the University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education:
- MSt in AI Ethics and Society
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science Communication
- Postgraduate Certificate in Practical Science Communication
I supervise undergraduate dissertations for the English Faculty, on twentieth- and twenty-first-century literature in English.
I supervise graduate dissertations for the MSt in AI Ethics and Society, and dissertations on the intersections of narrative and science.
I have taught on the Interdisciplinary Summer and Winter Schools at the Institute of Continuing Education.
During my time at Oxford, I taught or co-taught the following courses:
- Critical Theory, St Anne’s College
- Virginia Woolf and Modernism, St Anne’s College
- English Literature 1910-Present, English Faculty
- Places and Obsessions, Continuing Education
- Children’s Literature, English Faculty
- Science Fiction, Pembroke College
- Women, Writing, and Mental Illness, St Anne’s College
- Postmodern Interpretations of the Novel, St Anne’s College
I have also taught Gothic Fiction at Stanford University (Stanford House in Oxford) and Oxford Poetry at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (Summer Programme in Oxford).